Where do I go to create video content?
There are two ways to create original video content in the Cyrano app.
- Tap the menu in the top left corner of the screen> Tap Your Media> Tap in the bottom right corner
- Tap the menu in the top left corner of the screen> Tap at the bottom of the screen
Get to know your recording screen
At the bottom of the screen, notice there are four methods of content creation: Video, Audio, library, and Link.
- Using the Audio tab will create an audio message and display your Cyrano profile picture for the duration of the recording.
- The Library tab will allow you to upload a video from your personal video library that has been recorded at an earlier date. Allow Cyrano to access your personal video library by tapping “video library,” then browse and select videos to use from your device.
- The Link tab allows for you to insert links to videos from external websites which will then be integrated into the cyrano message.
The recommended method of content creation is recording original video in the app using the Video tab on the recording screen. The cyrano app has features that make recording professional videos
- If your device may not have enough storage to hold a video, tap the settings icon in the top right corner of the screen and turn on “Direct Upload.”
- Tap to switch between the front and back facing camera. The front facing camera is recommended due to the ability to see yourself and the script on screen during recording.
Begin creating a script by tapping the “script icon” in the bottom right of the screen. Here you can begin typing to create notes, an outline, or a full transcript for your video.
- The size of the script text can be adjusted by tapping .
- Once your script is complete, tap “Done” and your text will be displayed on the screen while you are recording in teleprompter like fashion.
- If you have more text than can fit on the screen at once, use your finger to scroll through the script.
- A script can be edited only when your device is in portrait mode, however the script can be viewed and scrolled through in portrait or landscape mode.
Ready to record
- Cyrano video messages are displayed in landscape, therefore to fill the screen of your message, be sure to record your content with your phone in a landscape position.
- Tap the red record button to begin recording and a timestamp at the top of the screen will display the current length of your video. End the video by tapping the red record button again.
- Once you have finished recording, you can save that video as a clip by tapping “Save Clip” or create a complete message to send out by tapping “Program.” (more information on clips and programs can be found in Your Media and Your Programs)
Cyrano recommends recording equipment that makes it very easy to get consistent, high quality videos. For more information on our setup, watch this video to learn more.
For more ways on how to create exceptional videos, check out Cyrano’s On Camera Tips and Tricks.