Google Chrome Plugin
This article explains how to acquire and use the Google Chrome Plugin for Cyrano.
Downloading the Cyrano Chrome Plugin
- Open Google Chrome on your desktop or laptop
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the link to the google app store
- Click the icon for the Google Web Store
- In the search bar, type “Cyrano” and press enter
- You should see the Cyrano Plugin option appear on the screen
- Click Add to Chrome
How can I use the Cyrano Chrome Plugin?
The Chrome plugin exists solely for the purpose of recording Clips to Record on a laptop or desktop (for more information, see Clips to Record). All other functions can be used with the Cyrano mobile app or the Cyrano website. The following are the steps to use the Cyrano Chrome Plugin once it has been added to your browser:
- A small blue feather will be visible to the right of the search bar at the top of the screen. Click this feather (once logged in, you will click here each time you wish to use the plugin)
- Type in your work email or the email that would be associated with your Cyrano account.
- Once logged in, you will see a list of your clips to record. Begin the recording process by clicking the icon. From here you can edit the script (which will appear on the bottom of the screen while recording), subject, or recipient.
- Once the Clip Script section contains all of your desired information, click select media.
- On the Record Settings screen, you can choose what elements of your desktop you would like to be used in the recording process by clicking them. Once complete, click Start Recording. To stop recording, click the blue checkmark to the bottom left of the recording screen.
- After you have finished recording your content, you can preview the message before it is sent out. If you wish to re-record the message, click cancel . If the message is everything you hoped and dreamed, click Finalize & Upload. The video will automatically be sent to the indicated recipient or recipients.