This article will help walk you through the process of gaining access to the Cyrano mobile app and recording your very first video.
Step 1: Download the Cyrano app
Before you can begin creating amazing content for your organization, first go to the App Store and download the Cyrano mobile app (for the link, click here).
Step 2: Log in to the Cyrano app
Once you have downloaded the Cyrano app, log in to your account through our log in page to verify you have the correct log in information. You should have received a verification email when you were registered with Cyrano from the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. If you have trouble logging in or have forgotten your password, please see our Forgot Password article for steps to reset your password.
Step 3: Open the Cyrano app on your mobile device
Once you have verified your log in information, open the Cyrano mobile app on your phone and sign in. Once in the app, open the Navigation Menu on the left side of the screen and tap Your Media
Step 4: Record your video
You are now ready to begin recording your first video! Tap the icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. This will open up your recording screen.
Here is a quick checklist to make sure everything is looking perfect:
- Before recording, it is good practice to wipe of your phone camera lens and phone screen with a microfiber cloth or similar fabric to ensure you are seen by your viewers as clearly as possible.
- Make sure the camera is in front facing mode (you should see yourself on the screen).
- Rotate your phone so that the camera is in landscape (longways) mode and either lean your phone against a sturdy back rest (bookcase, box, etc.) or use the Cyrano Studio kit stand.
- You do not want to be too light or too dark. You can see an example of good lighting below.
- Pause for a few seconds after the countdown timer has finished to make certain that your entire video is recorded (the Cyrano team will trim this later).
Once you have finished or make a mistake and want to re-record your video, pause for a few more seconds and tap the stop recording button at the bottom of the screen. This will bring you to the Media Preview screen.
A preview of your recording will begin playing and you can re-watch your video as many times as you wish by tapping the icon in the upper left corner of the preview screen. If you want to re-record your video, simply tap “Cancel” in the upper left corner and select “Re-record media” from the pop-up menu. This will allow you to record your video again. Once you are satisfied with your recording, tap “Save Media”. This will upload your recording to Cyrano where the Cyrano team can make edits if needed and send out your video looking its absolute best!
You are now ready to record your first video, but afterward if you would like some additional useful tips and more help recording videos, see our On Camera Tips & Tricks page.
If this article did not fully answer any questions you have, please email us at email@example.com with your name, organization, and question. We will answer your question(s) as soon as possible and update this page to better help answer future questions.